“Discover, Nurture, Achieve”
The DNA of Whissendine CE Primary School
Our School Vision:
“Learning together in the light of God’s joy”
Here at Whissendine C of E Primary School, our vision is to grow a lifelong love of learning and discover how, as a Christian community, we can make a difference in our world.
Our School Aims:
We aim to be a kind, caring community built on our Christian values of peace, honesty, forgiveness, patience, trust and friendship.
To be a school where:
“Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable…if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things…put into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.” (Philippians 4:8&9)
must use them appropriately.”(Romans 12:6)
This is the DNA of Whissendine CE Primary School: Discover, Nurture, Achieve
6Rs for Lifelong Learning
We aim for our learners to be able to show and live these values in everything they do.
OUR AIMS FOR TEACHING AND LEARNING
At our School we have successful learners by providing:
· High standards and expectations, showing very good to outstanding progress for all children;
· Outstanding teaching;
· Effective tracking, monitoring, review and evaluation of learning for every individual child and for groups of learners;
· Planning for progression, effective personalised learning and self-evaluation by children and teachers;
· A stimulating, challenging and creative curriculum that promotes active learning, thinking skills and encourages problem
· Excellent leadership by Head Teacher, Governors, Lead Practitioners, Learning Coordinators;
· Successful partnerships between school staff and parents / carers;
· A positive and receptive attitude to lifelong learning.
At our school we have confident individuals who learn to:
· Recognise and value their own talents and ambitions;
· Communicate and articulate their thoughts and feelings;
· Help to set their own learning targets;
· Use their initiative and have the ability to be independent learners and to work collaboratively;
· Show resilience, enterprise and the ability to take managed risks;
· Feel safe and secure at home and at school and have the knowledge and ability to make healthy choices.
At our school the children are learning to be responsible citizens by:
· Taking responsibility for themselves and their own actions;
· Making informed choices;
· Showing respect.
· Recognising and challenging prejudice;
· Seeing themselves as local, national and global citizens and learning about their own and other cultures;
· Learning skills to resolve conflict and understanding that actions have consequences;
· Learning to take responsibility for their environment and for sustainable living.
How will we achieve our aims? By:
· Outstanding teaching in order to support, excite and challenge all learners in every aspect of the curriculum;
· Providing an engaging, relevant and inspiring learning environment;
· Involving children in their own learning; listening to children and learning from children;
· Consistently tracking, intervening and supporting individual children’s learning;
· Removing barriers to learning;
· Promoting ‘learning to learn’ skills in order to develop and enhance lifelong learning;
· Effective policy and practice in safeguarding and child protection;
· Working with and engaging parents and carers in their children’s learning;
· Working within the local community to support and sustain all learners;
· Establishing, extending and enhancing national and international learning;
· Experiencing and celebrating diversity and challenging injustice.
Click here for more information.