It’s the start of the summer, it’s Term 5! It’s a long term but I can guarantee learning time will be filled to the brim day after day. This term we are going on our residential trip to Hilltop (9th – 11th May) and we will be visiting Forest School on Wednesday 27th April.
Our Topic is ‘Rain, rain go away’ and there are so many opportunities across our curriculum to immerse ourselves in this meteorological learning! In Computing, we will become experts in presenting the weather – learning all of the skills required in order to do that successfully. In Science, we will be learning about States and specifically the Water Cycle. Our Village will feature again when ‘Storm Katie’ hits Greendale Lake. Maths of course is a great opportunity to talk about measurement of temperatures and reading weather charts.
Class 4 learning for Term 5 also includes:
- Literacy – we are entering the weird and wonderful fantasy world in ‘The Spiderwick Chronicles’, which is our fiction unit this term
- Music – we will be composers
- PE – we will become Athletes for the term every Tuesday and on Fridays we will be going Swimming so please remember your kit
- RE – we will be exploring Christian values
- L2l – our focus is on being resourceful learners.
This term our focus for Independent Learner of the week is being resourceful learners and the children are already engaged and up for the challenge!
We are looking forward to another exciting and rewarding term!
Mrs Young and Mrs Winn.