In Literacy we will:
- Read and enjoy a wide range of stories with familiar settings.
- Recognise and write capital letters.
- Recap correct letter formation and write on lined paper using finger spaces.
- Understand what makes a sentence.
- Write sentences beginning with a capital letter and ending with a full stop.
- Say, write and check our sentences make sense.
- Continue with our daily programme of phonics in targeted groups.
As Mathematicians we will:
- Recap counting forwards and backwards to 20, starting from any number.
- Read and write numbers to 20 in numerals and words.
- Say one more and one less than a particular number.
- Add and subtract one digit numbers including zero.
- Read and write number sentences using addition (+), subtraction (-) and equals (=) signs.
As Scientists we will:
- Identify, name, draw and label the basic parts of the human body and say which part of the body is associated with which sense.
- Carry out experiments linked to each sense.
- Collect and record information on eye colour to make a pictogram.
- Learn the names of different parts of the body and sing lots of fun songs about body parts!
As Historians we will:
- Look carefully at baby photos of each other and our teachers.
- Make a simple timeline of our life, starting from the day of our birth.
- Use historical vocabulary such as, in the past, last year, when I was little.
In Computing we will:
- Use a paint program on the laptop to draw a picture of our face.
- Use a keyboard to type our name.
- Learn about how to stay safe when using a computer.
In PE this term we will be doing Games and Gymnastics.
We will be starting French this term too.
We are focusing on being Ready to Learn, particularly being a good listener and sharing with our friends.
As Artists we will:
- Look carefully at our bodies and have a go at drawing ourselves and each other.